One of the great pleasures of life is to get up in morning with a hungry stomach. Nothing beats having a hot cup of tea along with a nice hot breakfast.
The is my healthy version of a burger.
1. 2 medium boiled potatoes (or microwave them for 5 minutes they will be cooked well)
2. 1 bowl soya granules, soaked in boiled water and then squeeze out the water.
3. 1/4 grated cabbage
4. 1/2 grated carrot.
5. Green chillies to taste
6. 1 tsp coriander powder.
7. 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
8. 1/2 tsp garam masala.
9. Salt to taste.
10. Black pepper to sprinkle.
11. Green mint coriander chutney.
12. Tomato sauce (optional)
13. Tomato, cucumber slices to apply on top of patty.
Note - There are many variations of this burger. it depends on what is in my fridge. Other versions included spinach, crushed boiled corns, grated cauliflower, mashed boiled green peas, mashed boiled beans, mashed boiled rajma, mashed boiled white chana. Don't stop your imagination, you can add any vegetable you want.
1. In a bowl, mix together the above ingredients (except chutney,sauce,black pepper, tomato and cucumber).
2.Make think patties and on a pan grill them nicely on both side in 1 tsp of oil. Gently press the patties so that the mixture gets crisped properly. Don't worry if the patty crumbles, they stick back together again.
3. Cut a bun in two halves. Grill both the sides on a pan.
4. On one half of the bun apply green mint chutney and on the other half sauce.
5. Arrange the patties (1 or 2) on one side of the bun, generously top with tomatoes and cucumber.
6. Sprinkle salt and black pepper and close the bun shut. Gently press the bun so that the items inside adjust themselves properly.
7. Enjoy. You can also have it as an open sandwich.
This burger will keep you happy and full for 3 hours. Don't hesitate to put in more cucumber and tomatoes, add salad leaves as well.